Your air conditioning unit is a complex machine vulnerable to a wide range of issues, any of which can lead to significant damage or even a complete system failure. If you believe your A/C system is not sufficiently producing and circulating cold air throughout your building, you should consider hiring a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
At The AC Hero, we offer lifetime solutions and an unbeatable response time. Our Fort Worth air conditioning repair services are designed to get your system working as powerfully as possible, as quickly as possible. All of our experienced technicians are licensed, and we guarantee all of our work. No matter the nature or scope of your problem, we are confident we can provide the solution you need.
We are available 24/7 for emergency A/C repairs, so call (817) 631-2507 or contact us online today. Se habla español.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Air conditioners tend to break down during times of frequent usage, including when temperatures are at their highest in the summer months. Other issues can trigger problems, however, and certain common signals can warn you when repairs may be necessary.
Consider calling an AC repair technician if you notice:
- Uneven or a Lack of Cooling. An obvious sign that your A/C unit needs attention is a general lack of cool air or warm spots throughout your house. A buildup of dirt on the condenser coil causes the refrigerant in the unit to become ineffective, preventing your system from providing cold air. A lack of refrigerant or a malfunctioning thermostat can also adversely affect cooling performance.
- Your Unit Will Not Turn On. An electrical issue could prevent your unit from functioning properly. If the electrical controls or sensors in the A/C unit do not receive adequate power, the system will malfunction and may not respond to your inputs. This problem can also be caused by a faulty motor or a wiring problem, so it is wise to get a professional inspection.
- Limited Airflow. Does it feel like your A/C unit is not producing the cold blasts of air you are used to? A dirty filter or defects in your unit or ducts could be restricting airflow. These issues are often caused by dirt or debris buildup, which can also lead to air quality problems. Blocked vents can also be the culprit. A vent or unit that is too close to furniture or walls can cause external pressure that strains the system.
- Noise. A noisy air conditioner may have a blockage, but in many cases, unusual sounds are caused by defects in the motor. Noises often precede system failure, so you should seek professional assistance as soon as you notice them. Our technician can perform a capacitor test to see if the problem is coming from the motor and take the appropriate action to proactively repair the system.
- Incorrect Installation. An A/C unit must be properly sized, or it will not be able to provide the appropriate temperature for the space. Efficiency can be a problem as well, as the system may use more power than necessary and consequently drive up utility costs.
Ignoring warning signs or attempting to fix your unit yourself may make the problem worse. Our Fort Worth air conditioning repair services include assistance diagnosing the precise issue with your system and taking the necessary steps to resolve them.
The Top 7 Reasons Why Air Conditioners Break Down
No one wants to deal with a broken A/C unit at the height of Texas summer heat. Understanding why A/C units commonly break down can help you anticipate potential issues and get a repair before your system fails.
The top 7 reasons an A/C unit breaks down are:
- Refrigerant Leak. If your unit’s refrigerant levels get too low, the unit cannot consistently cool the air effectively. Air conditioners cool air when circulating liquid evaporates into gas, absorbing heat. A refrigerant recharge can fix the problem if there is no damage, but if there is a leak, a technician must locate it. The job may require patching holes or replacing refrigerant lines, which can be costly.
- Dirty or Clogged Filter. A filter will normally remove contaminants such as dirt and bacteria from the air. Consequently, dirt and debris naturally collect on a filter during normal use. If your filter becomes clogged, poor air quality can result, and airflow may be disrupted. This forces your A/C unit to work harder, which can strain the system and lead to more serious problems. Fortunately, you can clean an A/C filter without the assistance of a technician.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils. The evaporator coil is where heat is absorbed from the air. The component is filled with refrigerant and must be surrounded by warm air to function normally. An airflow problem can cause the temperature to drop around the coil, allowing a layer of ice to form. This prevents the system from sufficiently warming the air and can completely disrupt performance.
- Fan Problems. Your A/C unit has fans that blow air over the evaporator coil and help remove heat that an outdoor unit’s condenser absorbs. A fan problem inevitably leads to poor airflow. A faulty motor, worn belt, dirt, or insufficient lubrication can cause fan problems, which inevitably lead to poor airflow and can also result in critical damage, including compressor failure.
- Sensor/Thermostat Problems. Sensors enable your thermostat to measure air temperature and control the A/C system. A sensor malfunction can cause your air conditioner to run longer than is necessary, leading to stress on its components. A thermostat problem can also lead to component failure. If a recalibration does not solve the issue, you may need a technician’s help.
- Component Failure. Air conditioners that are at least ten years old are more likely to have mechanical problems due to age. Frequent use can accelerate wear and tear, increasing the likelihood of a unit breaking down. A lack of regular maintenance can lead to trouble, as a component could break unexpectedly or cause substantial efficiency issues. Replacing individual parts of your A/C unit can be expensive and time-consuming, so planning for regular maintenance of older systems is in your best interest.
- Poor Installation. If your A/C unit, ductwork, or related components are not properly installed, the HVAC system may have widespread problems. To avoid installation-related issues, always work with a certified HVAC contractor who is licensed, bonded, and insured. When you choose The AC Hero, you can rest assured your system will be installed right the first time.
Why Should I Repair My Air Conditioner?
If you’re experiencing problems with your air conditioner, don't wait too long to have it repaired. A broken AC unit can quickly become a greater problem if not addressed in a timely way. Not only can AC repairs help keep you cool during the hot summer months, but they can also save you money on energy bills and prevent any further damage to your air conditioning unit.
Regular maintenance for AC units is important for both safety and efficiency reasons. The longer an ac unit runs without being serviced or checked for any potential issues, the more prone it is to malfunction over time. Regular ac repair helps to reduce the risk of major breakdowns by catching small problems before they develop into bigger ones that require more costly repairs. Contact our AC repair pros today to learn more or to schedule a service!
Benefits of A/C Repair
An A/C tune-up or repair is always less expensive than a total replacement. Professional, properly implemented repairs can preserve the longevity of a unit. You can trust that our Fort Worth air conditioning repair services will implement cost-effective solutions that prolong the life of your system. We have compressors, blower motors, filters, refrigerant, wiring, and other essentials in our trucks, allowing us to repair many HVAC systems in a single trip.
In addition to saving you money by avoiding (or delaying the need for) a complete replacement, repairs can also resolve issues that waste power. A well-maintained unit will not need to work as hard to produce a comfortable temperature. Air quality is another consideration: Consistent repairs can help reduce or eliminate the proliferation of dust, pollen, dander, and other allergens that can cause asthma attacks and other health concerns.
Sometimes, an air conditioning system will need more than a simple repair, especially if it is older or if smaller problems have grown to become widespread issues. Our technicians will be honest and direct when advising whether an upgrade or replacement is necessary. Decreased efficiency due to age and higher energy efficiency ratings of newer units are reasons to consider a replacement if your system is at least 20 years old. Our Fort Worth air conditioning repair services include assistance exploring alternatives to traditional systems, including central units.
If you are experiencing any issues with your A/C system, call (817) 631-2507 or contact us online right away. Flexible payment options are available. Se habla español.